Firearms Permit Info
QUICK TIPS FOR FIREARM LICENSE APPLICANTS
Who: Georgia residents at least 21 years of age.
Where: Local County Probate Court Click Here
When: Monday - Friday 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM.
What to Bring:
- Georgia driver's license, Georgia State ID card or voter registration card with current address.
- $15.00 Cash for License - all applicants (renewable in 5 years)
- $50.00 blank Money Order (charge for fingerprinting GCIC & FBI)
- You are now required by law to be fingerprinted within 48 hrs. of application.
- These fees and requirements now apply to all new licenses and renewals
- Foreign nationals must have INS resident card, proof of residency in the state of GA for at least 90 days, and a photo ID.
How Long: 15-20 minutes to complete application. Contact Wayne County Sheriff Office for fingerprinting details.
Receipt of License: 2-4 weeks