Secondary Metal Recyclers Registration
- Each sheriff’s office must personalize the form in the designated areas.
- No additional changes can be made to the official document.
- Place the form on the sheriff’s office website for access by secondary metals recyclers.
- The recycler must submit a completed registration form in person to the appropriate sheriff’s office(s).
- Obtain a copy of the driver’s license or other identification of the person submitting registration documents.
- If the recycler is a qualified alien, secure and verifiable documentation must be attached to the application. A list of verifiable documents is included with these instructions.
- Inform the recycler that pursuant to HB872, the statutes that pertain to secondary metals recyclers are: O.C.G.A. § 10-1-350 through O.C.G.A. § 10-3-363, O.C.G.A. § 40-3-36, and O.C.G.A. § 40-3-56. The recycler must be familiar with these statutes. The recycler can visit the Georgia Recyclers Association website to review a summary of relevant laws. This information is on the registration form.
- The sheriff’s office must complete page 3 of the registration form.
- Annually collect a non-refundable registration fee of $200, which must be remitted to the county governing authority. Registrations cannot be considered without full payment of $200. ---Note: Each sheriff will be asked to contact the board of commissioners in order to arrange for $100 of the registration fee to be forwarded to the Georgia Sheriffs’ Association to offset the cost of the statewide database maintained by the Secretary of State.
- Each registration is valid for a twelve month period beginning with the effective date of registration established by the sheriff’s office once all registration requirements are met.
- The record of each registration will be entered into an electronic data base accessible statewide. NOTE: The data base has not yet been established. The sheriffs’ offices will be notified by the Georgia Sheriffs’ Association once the database becomes operational.
- Business (Corporation or Partnership) -- The recycler registering as a business must register with the sheriff in county where the place of operation is maintained. If the recycler maintains a place of operation in more than one county, he/she must register the business in each county.
- Individual (Sole Proprietor) --An individual must register in the county where he/she resides.
- Non-resident of Georgia --A recycler who is not a resident of Georgia must register in the county where he/she primarily engages or intends to operate as a secondary metals recycler.
|Instructions for Secondary Metal Recycler Registration||Secondary Metals Recycler Registration Form||Secure & Verifiable Document List|
|CSRA Secondary Metals Recylcer Compliance Guide||Secondary Metals Recycler Registration Fee|